COVID-19 is an infectious virus species which causes respiratory disease. This new virus may cause symptoms such as cough, fever, joint pain, muscle pain, tiredness and breathing difficulties.
Standard precautionary measures to reduce the risk of disease:
- wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; if there is no soap and water, use alcohol-based hand disinfectant,
- avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands,
- cover your nose and mouth with a disposable paper tissue for coughing and sneezing, then dispose the used tissue immediately,
- Avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of rhinitis or flu,
- if you feel unwell and show clinical signs, call your doctor to determine the next course of treatment; avoid contact with other people,